SkyDrive Pro allows you to store your files and share them easily with co-workers and access them from your mobile devices. Your files are safely kept in the cloud with SharePoint Online or on your company’s SharePoint Server 2013 servers, depending on what your company has set up.
SkyDrive Pro lets you:
- Store and organize your private documents and other files in a secure location in the cloud or on your company’s SharePoint servers.
- Share files and folders with other people in your organization and give them permission to review or edit the content.
- Synchronize files and folders in your SkyDrive Pro and other SharePoint libraries with your computer or mobile devices, so you can access your content offline.
SkyDrive Pro Improvements
- Now each user gets 25 GB of SkyDrive Pro storage space (earlier it was 7 GB).
- SkyDrive Pro storage can now be increased beyond the default 25 GB-up to 50 GB & 100 GB.
- New Shared with Me view allows you to find documents others have shared with you.
SharePoint Online Improvements
- File upload limit in SharePoint Online to 2 GB/file
- Default recycle bin retention to 90 days (earlier it was 30 days)
UPDATED 09/09/2013 – SharePoint Online improvements have been documented here